The Brock Leaders Citizenship Award is awarded to entering students who have achieved exceptional academic success, outstanding leadership and community involvement. By accepting the award the student is also inducted into the prestigious Brock Leaders Citizenship Society. The total value of the award is $8,000 ($2,000 per year) and is renewable each year the student remains a member of the Brock Leaders Citizenship Society.
Receiving the Award & Entering the Society
Successful recipients of the Brock Leaders Citizenship Award will receive notification in the spring prior to their first year of study at Brock University. When the recipients arrive on campus in September, they will be entered into the Brock Leaders Citizenship Society.
The Society is geared at providing exceptional students a means of connecting with other campus leaders to further both their personal development as well as their involvement within the community. The Brock Leaders Citizenship Society provides its members the opportunity to meet with other Brock Leaders on a regular basis, to share ideas, projects and network.
To renew the Brock Leaders Citizenship Award and remain a member of the Society, members must:
- Maintain an 80% average in full time studies
- Have a minimum of 20 hours devoted to community service/involvement per term and a total of 40 hours for the Fall/Winter session
- Each academic year complete at least one level of the Foundation in Leadership Program (i.e. year 1-Bronze Level, year 2- Silver Level, year 3- Gold Level, and year 4- Platinum Level)
If you feel you have what it takes to join the Brock Leaders Citizenship Society please download the application for the Brock Leaders Citizenship Award today:
- Paper application packages are due in the Student Awards office by March 31, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
- Please note: In order to save your filled application PDF, you need the most recent version of Adobe Reader
- Download the application in Adobe acrobat format