Brock Ambassadors play an integral role within the department of Student Recruitment’s Welcome Centre and Campus Visit Program, serving as the first point of contact for thousands of guests to Brock each year. As student ambassadors for the Office of the Registrar and the University, Brock Ambassadors welcome prospective students, their guests, and other campus visitors by sharing their authentic Brock experience.
More about Ambassadors
Brock Ambassadors have a wide range of duties which include, but are not limited to, serving as campus tour guides as well as student recruiters at university events. Ambassadors also assist with day-to-day operations at the Welcome Center, including phone and email inquiries, campus visit registration, greeting guests, and other unique/special projects.
The application will open in the Winter of 2023.
- Must be a full-time Undergraduate student at Brock University.
- A love of Brock, including experience participating in a wide range of Brock-related activities.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Strong leadership abilities, interpersonal skills, and an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be available for Brock Ambassador training the week prior to start of Fall term.
- Expect to work up to 8 hours per week; schedule is flexible to your academic schedule.
- Attend Fall Preview Day, Open House, and other recruitment events.
- Continuous professional and skill development in customer service, effective communication, public speaking, critical thinking, leadership, organization, and time management.
- Development of leadership and communication skills that will serve you in your future career goals.
- Extremely tight-knit team environment and opportunity for lifelong friendships.
Get to know our Brock Ambassadors
Some of my most memorable moments come from the interactions I have with students and their families. Phrases such as “You made my decision so much easier” or “I can’t wait to accept my offer” is really rewarding and makes you feel that you made a difference in that person’s life. We all know the tough decisions that come with selecting a school to go to, so when you hear a prospective student saying “you convinced me to come to Brock” it’s truly a feel-good moment knowing you made an impact.
My favourite part about being a Brock Ambassador is meeting prospective students. Choosing a university to attend was one of the most exciting and nerve-wracking experiences of my entire life. Thus, I enjoy assisting people in that stage of their life and making the decision-making process more manageable. Brock is an excellent institution with tremendous resources and opportunities for students, so I love seeing the enthusiasm grow in prospective students as they learn more and more about being a Badger.
As a Brock Ambassador it is my job to provide prospective students and families with information about Brock University: it’s the perfect opportunity to share stories and experiences that myself or my friends have had to give the guests a personalized tour!