The Badger Brigade is a volunteer position where students assist in recruitment events and initiatives run by Recruitment and Liaison Services. Badger Brigade team members acquire valuable skills in public speaking and communication, and it is a great first step in gaining experience to apply to be a Brock Ambassador and/or Smart Start Team Assistant.
Recruitment and Liaison Services is looking for enthusiastic students to be volunteer ambassadors for Brock! Badger Brigade members have a wide range of duties which include, but are not limited to, welcoming guests to campus at recruitment events and communicating with prospective students via various in-person and online initiatives.
Here at Brock, we strongly believe in getting involved outside of the classroom as it is a very important aspect of being successful in post-secondary education and beyond. Valuable skills such as communication, customer service, leadership and teamwork are developed and strengthened from extracurricular opportunities.
Applications for Fall 2021 (September to December) close July 30, 2021.
- Must be a full-time Undergraduate student at Brock University.
- A love of Brock, including experience participating in Brock-related activities.
- Work a minimum of 15 hours per semester
- Attend Fall Preview Day, Open House, and other recruitment events.
- Gain real world experience to enhance your resume
- Explore on-campus job opportunities
- Make connections and network within the Brock and Niagara communities
- Strengthen leadership and effective communication skills while working with a team
- Opportunity to participate in various professional development sessions
- Strengthen public speaking and communication skills
- All volunteers will receive Brock apparel and additional swag
- All volunteer hours and experiences will be recorded on your Campus-wide Co-curricular Transcript (CWC)
- Participate in monthly professional and skills development workshops and opportunities
Members of the Badger Brigade team will participate in a range of recruitment events and initiatives during the semester. Each member of the team must be available to work at Fall Preview/Open House, and sign-up to assist with the initiatives below.
- Specialist High Skills Major & Group Visit Events: We invite high school classes to campus to experience academic programming across our faculties. You will support these events days both in-person & online.
- Unibuddy: This is an online platform that connects current Brock students to prospective students. Your role would be to answer questions and share your Brock stories to help them in their transition to becoming a Brock student.
- Call Campaigns: each year we conduct call campaigns where current students reach out to prospective students to invite them to campus, share their Brock stories, and answer questions.
- Student Testimonials: participate in panel presentations, video recordings, blogs/vlogs, photo shoots, social media engagement, and much more!
- Let’s Talk Brock Podcast: Be a guest on the Let’s Talk Brock Podcast and share you story with prospective students
- Boomer the Badger: Check off a Brock Bucket List Item and be Boomer for a day!
- Faculty Recruitment Events: support our faculty partners through recruitment events, community engagement opportunities, social media engagement, and more.
Apply to join the Badger Brigade
Please complete the below application by July 30, 2021
Please note: this opportunity will require a minimum of 15 hours during the fall term (September to December 2021)
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org