We’re rolling out the red carpet at Brock University’s
What is there to do at Open House?
- Tour our beautiful campus
- Visit our exceptional residences
- Meet with faculty, staff and students at our Information Fair
- Attend presentations or Experience Brock opportunities
- Win $10,000 towards your Brock experience
Where should I start?
- Review the presentation/experiences schedule to determine those you’d like to attend. Make note of their location and times.
- Fit your campus tour, residence visits and time in the Information Fair around your sessions — these will be available all day until 4 p.m.
Learn more about presentations, tours, transfer information, parking and more!
|Location||11:15 – 12 noon||12:15 – 1 p.m.||1:15 – 2 p.m.||2:15 – 3 p.m.||3:15 – 4 p.m.|
|Sean O’Sullivan Theatre||A-Team (starts at 8:30 a.m.)||Goodman School of Business Presentation||Social Sciences at Brock Presentation||Goodman School of Business Presentation|
|David S. Howes Theatre||Nursing & Health Sciences Presentation starts at 12 noon
(followed by Lab tours)
|Recreation and Leisure Studies & Sport Management Presentation
(Starts at 1:15 p.m.)
|Kinesiology & Physical Education Presentation starts at 2:30 p.m.
(Preceded by Lab tours — Meet at the Hungry Badger)
|AS 201||Transfer Student Pathways and on-the-spot admissions|
|AS 202||Financing your Education Presentation||Mathematics and Science at Brock Presentation||Graduate Studies at Brock Presentation|
|AS 203||Co-op Programs||Career & Experiential Education||International Exchange Opportunities||Social Science in the Real World: Applying theory to Donald Trump|
|AS 204||Concurrent Teacher Education Presentation||Faculty of Humanities Presentation AND Depart for MIWSFPA Tour||Reaching Ahead (Grade 10 & 11)||Concurrent Teacher Education Presentation|
|AS 216||International Students — Why choose Brock? Presentation||Experience Psychology Presentation||International Students — Why choose Brock? Presentation|
|TH 269||Experience the Centre for Digital Humanities|
|International Centre||Experience the Archaeology Lab and Cypriote Museum|
|East Academic||Experience our Nursing Lab Drop-In|
|Cairns Atrium||Experience BioLinc|
|Plaza 309||Experience the Big Data Interactive Lab|
|Information Fair||Experience the Centre for Lifespan Research
(Meet at the Psychology table at 12:50 p.m.)
|Experience the Computer Science Labs||Experience the Centre for Lifespan Research
(Meet at the Psychology table at 2:50 p.m.)
|Experience the Computer Science Labs|
|Student Alumni Centre||Experience the Brock University Students’ Union|
|Computer Commons||Experience Career Coach|
Hot Spots: Customize your campus tour
Tour the campus via our unique ‘hot spot’ tour program. See classrooms, seminar rooms, service areas, student meeting spaces, recreational areas and more. Visit the stations that are of most interest to you, or take a full campus tour by visiting them all! No large tour groups here — visit with current Brock students at your own pace to learn about life at Brock.
Ian D. Beddis Gymnasium • 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Explore all of our programs and services. Faculty, staff and student representatives will be in our Ian D. Beddis Gymnasium, ready to chat and answer any questions that you may have.
Approximately 20 minutes per Residence
Discover why Brock is known for having one of the finest residence systems in the country! Tours will be offered throughout the afternoon, highlighting the various residence styles Brock offers. Plan to spend approximately 20 minutes in each residence.
Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts Tours
15 Artists’ Common • 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Are you interested in studying the arts at Brock? Then be sure to take in a tour of the brand new Marilyn I. Walker School of Fine and Performing Arts in beautiful downtown St. Catharines. We’ll be running tours throughout the day, so stop by any time between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
College transfer student admission/transfer options
Academic South 201 • 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Are you a college student interested in transferring to Brock? The Brock Admissions team is available today for:
- on-the-spot applications
- on-the-spot admissions
- on-the-spot transfer credit options
- high school and post-secondary transcripts
- photo ID
- $100 application fee for full-time studies; $55 application fee for part-time studies
When you arrive at Brock, use the main entrance, and follow the signs for parking. We’ll do our best to get you a spot as close to registration as possible. Once you’ve parked, follow the signs to Registration in Walker Complex (or follow the wacky inflatable tube men), sign-in with us, and start your day.
Don’t forget to stop by our Campus to stock up on Brock gear before leaving campus. Our Campus Store will be open for business, selling great Brock clothing, stationery, computer equipment and more. Staff will also be available to explain our procedure for buying and selling textbooks. Our Active Badger and Guernsey Market locations will also be open. As a guest, you will receive a 10% discount at the Campus Store on clothing – it’s never too early to get your Brock gear!
Grab a bite to eat on campus
As part of your day, make sure to try some of our fabulous food outlets.
For updates, including Information Sessions and Experience Brock times and locations, please follow us:
Learn more about our Begin at Brock $10,000 giveaway!
By registering and attending Open House, you’ll be entered into a draw for $10,000 towards your Brock University experience!
The winner will receive $10,000 to put towards their Brock tuition and residence expenses for the 2017-18 academic year. And, the more you engage with Brock, the more chances you’ll have to win!
Official Contest Rules – “Begin at Brock $10,000 giveaway”
- The contest is open to:
- legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside at the time of entry; and
- legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have the express permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to enter the contest. For the purposes of claiming and accepting any prize that may be awarded, and signing the release, the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of a minor entrant will be deemed to be the selected potential winner.
- You are not eligible to enter if you are:
- an employee, representative, trustee, or agent of Brock University, its advertising or promotional agencies, professional representatives, printing suppliers, licensees or the prize supplier;
- a retailer on any of Brock University’s campuses;
- the selected winner of any other “Begin at Brock $10,000 giveaway” contest prize offered by Brock University for the 2017-18 academic year; or
- a member of the immediate family of any of the above persons (i.e. spouse, child, sibling, parent) or a member of the household of any of the above persons.
2. CONTEST PERIOD
The “Begin at Brock $10,000 giveaway” Open House 2017 edition (“the Open House 2017 contest”) is run by Brock University (the “Administrator”) and will take place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. EDT on Sunday, April 2, 2017.
3. HOW TO ENTER
- To enter: You may enter by registering for Brock University’s Open House 2017 event at discover.brocku.ca/openhouse or via on-site registration at the event on Sunday, April 2, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. EDT. The online form or on-site registration must be completed and successfully submitted. Brock University is not responsible for any forms not completed or not received for any reason, including unintended or incorrect operation of the website/registration system.
- To be eligible, registrants must confirm their attendance at the Open House 2017 event in the Welcome area on Sunday, April 2, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. EDT.
- All entries become property of Brock University.
- Brock University is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, stolen, delayed, damaged or destroyed entries, or for any unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, on-line failures, hardware, software or other technical functions or disturbances or any other communications failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the contest in any manner.
- The potential winner will be selected by random selection on Friday, April 7, 2017. The selected entrant will be contacted by email within ten (10) days of the selection. If the selected winner does not respond within ten (10) days or does not comply with these Official Contest Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative eligible entry will be selected. Brock University is not responsible for the failure of any reason whatsoever of a selected potential winner to receive notification or for Brock University to receive a selected potential winner’s response.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- In order to win a prize, a selected potential winner must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question on the release form. Failure to answer the mathematical skill-testing question correctly will result in the disqualification of the selected potential winner.
- There is one (1) grand prize eligible to be won, consisting of up to CAD$10,000 in credit to be applied to the Open House 2017 Contest winner’s Brock University undergraduate student account for Fall/Winter 2017-18. The credit is to be used in the Fall/Winter 2017-18 academic year only (September 2017 to April 2018) and to be applied towards tuition and residence fees.
- The potential winner must be admitted by Brock University through the normal applicable application process, at Brock University’s sole discretion, and must enroll in full-time undergraduate academic studies at Brock University for the Fall/Winter 2017-18 academic year (September 2017 to April 2018) in order to use or receive any of the credit.
- If a selected winner is not admitted to Brock University for the 2017-18 academic year, or does not enroll at Brock University for the 2017-18 academic year for any reason, or is otherwise disqualified, Brock University at its sole discretion may elect to choose a substitute winner, or elect to choose no substitute winner, in which case no prize will be awarded.
- The prize must be accepted by the winner as awarded.
- There is no cash refund for any unused credit. No cash alternative or substitution of the prize is provided, except that Brock University, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable for any reason. The prize is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind and must be accepted as awarded. Brock University disclaims all warranties including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- The prize is not transferable unless authorized in writing by Brock University before the transfer is made. Such authorization may be granted or withheld in Brock University’s sole discretion.
- In order to be declared a winner, the selected potential winner will be required to sign a release indicating eligibility and compliance with these Official Contest Rules. In the event that the winner has not yet reached the age of 18 years or the age of majority in the winner’s province or territory of residence, the winner’s parent/legal guardian must sign the release on the winner’s to confirm compliance and consent with these Official Contest Rules and to accept the prize on behalf of the minor, and provide a release and indemnity pursuant to Subsection 5.5 below.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
By participating in this contest, you agree:
- to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Brock University, whose decisions are final;
- to the use of your name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage and statements in connection with this contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof;
- to receive e-mail communication from Brock University with information about its programs, campus events and admission updates.
- that if selected as the winner, you give Brock University and its agents the right to publish or broadcast your name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage or statements for editorial, promotional, advertising and publicity purposes, without compensation other than the value of the prize offered;
- to release and indemnify and hold harmless Brock University, its advertising and promotional agencies, the prize suppliers, and all their respective officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, contractors, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with or arising out of this contest, the awarding of the prize, the use of any personal information or the use of merchandise purchased in relation to winning a prize.
Brock University also reserves the right, without prior notice and its sole discretion, and at any time, to terminate the contest, alter the rules in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the contest in any way.
7. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Brock University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant for any reason, including failure to comply with these rules or with the intended purpose of these rules, or to require proof of eligibility and/or of parenthood/guardianship as applicable, in whatever form Brock University deems appropriate.
- All decisions made by Brock University with respect to this contest are final without any right of appeal.
- No entry will be returned.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- There is a limit of 1 entry per person. Additional entries may be discarded and may cause an entrant to be disqualified, at Brock University’s sole discretion.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. This contest and these Official Contest Rules are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
8. PRIVACY NOTICE
Brock University protects your privacy and your personal information. The personal information requested is collected under the authority of the Brock University Act, 1964, and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
The information provided will be used by the University to continue the conversation with you about being a Brock student. Please direct any questions about this collection to the Director, Recruitment and Retention at Brock University at 905 688 5550 x3564 or see brocku.ca/registrar/contact-us
Registration has now closed
Don't worry — you can still register at the event! We hope to see you on Sunday!