We’re rolling out the red carpet at Brock University’s
More information and registration coming soon.
What is there to do at Open House?
- Tour our beautiful campus
- Visit our exceptional residences
- Meet with faculty, staff and students at our Information Fair
- Attend presentations or Experience Brock opportunities
- On-the-spot admissions for college/transfer students
Where should I start?
- Review the schedule below to determine the sessions you’d like to attend. Note the time(s) and room(s).
- The Information Fair will be open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Campus tours and residence visits will be available all day until 4 p.m.
Learn more about presentations, tours, transfer information, parking and more!
More information about the event including the presentation and Experience Brock sessions schedule will be added shortly.
When you arrive at Brock, use the main entrance, and follow the signs for parking. We’ll do our best to get you a spot as close to registration as possible. Once you’ve parked, follow the signs to Registration in Walker Complex (or follow the wacky inflatable tube men), sign-in with us, and start your day.
For updates, including Information Sessions and Experience Brock times and locations, please follow us:
Learn more about our Begin at Brock $10,000 giveaway!
By registering and attending Open House, you’ll be entered into a draw for $10,000 towards your Brock University experience!
The winner will receive $10,000 to put towards their Brock tuition and residence expenses for the 2018-19 academic year. And, the more you engage with Brock, the more chances you’ll have to win! Additional Begin at Brock $10,000 giveaway entries are created for those who attend Open House, or participate in a campus tour.
Begin at Brock $10,000 Giveaway
Official Contest Rules
- The contest is open to:
- legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside at the time of entry; and
- legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have the express permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to enter the contest. For the purposes of claiming and accepting any prize that may be awarded, and signing the release, the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of a minor entrant will be deemed to be the selected potential winner.
- You are not eligible to enter if you are:
- an employee, representative, trustee, or agent of Brock University, its advertising or promotional agencies, professional representatives, printing suppliers, licensees or the prize supplier;
- a retailer on any of Brock University’s campuses; or
- a member of the immediate family of any of the above persons (i.e. spouse, child, sibling, parent) or a member of the household of any of the above persons.
2. CONTEST PERIOD
The “Begin at Brock $10,000 giveaway” (the “Contest”) is run by Brock University and will take place from 8 a.m. EDT on August 31, 2017 until 11:59 p.m. EDT April 8, 2018.
3. HOW TO ENTER
- To enter, potential entrants must both:
- Attend in person at a Brock University campus visit or tour, or at one of the following events:
- Brock University’s Fall Preview Day on Sunday, November 5, 2017.
- The Brock University booth at the Ontario University Fair on September 22 to 24, 2017.
- Brock Universty’s Open House on Sunday, April 8, 2017.
- The Brock University booth at Fan Expo on August 31 to September 3, 2017;
- Other community events in which Brock University may participate during the Contest period.
- Complete on online form which will be available at each of the events listed above, or emailed to potential entrants who attend at these events. The online form must be completed and successfully submitted. There is a limit of one entry per person.
- Event details are subject to change, and may be beyond the control of Brock University.
- To be eligible, entries must be received before 11:59 p.m. EDT on Friday, September 30, 2016.
- All entries become property of Brock University.
- Brock University is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, misdirected, stolen, delayed, damaged or destroyed entries, or for any unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, on-line failures, hardware, software or other technical functions or disturbances or any other communications failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the contest in any manner.
- The potential winner will be selected by random selection after the Contest closes on April 8, 2018. The entrant selected to win will be contacted by email within ten (10) days of the selection. If the selected potential winner does not respond within ten (10) days or does not comply with these Official Contest Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative eligible entry will be selected. Brock University is not responsible for the failure of any reason whatsoever of a selected potential winner to receive notification or for Brock University to receive a selected potential winner’s response.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- In order to win a prize, a selected potential winner must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question on the release form. Failure to answer the mathematical skill-testing question correctly will result in the disqualification of the selected potential winner.
- There is one (1) grand prize eligible to be won, consisting of up to CAD$10,000 in credit to be applied to the winner’s Brock University undergraduate student account for Fall/Winter 2018-19. The credit is to be used in the Fall/Winter 2018-19 academic year only (September 2018 to April 2019) and to be applied towards tuition and residence fees.
- In order to be eligigble to receive the prize, the selected potential winner must have been admitted by Brock University through the normal applicable application process, at Brock University’s sole discretion, and must enroll in full-time undergraduate academic studies at Brock University for the Fall/Winter 2018-19 academic year only (September 2018 to April 2019) in order to use or receive any of the credit.
- If a selected winner is not admitted to Brock University for the 2018-19 academic year, or does not enroll and attend at Brock University for the 2018-19 academic year for any reason, or is otherwise disqualified, Brock University at its sole discretion may elect to choose a substitute winner, or elect to choose no substitute winner, in which case no prize will be awarded.
- There shall be no cash refund for any unused credit from the prize amount. No cash alternative or substitution of the prize is provided, except that Brock University, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the prize is unavailable for any reason. The prize is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind and must be accepted as awarded. Brock University disclaims all warranties including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- The prize is not transferable unless authorized in writing by Brock University before the transfer is made. Such authorization may be granted or withheld in Brock University’s sole discretion.
- In order to be declared a winner, the selected potential winner will be required to sign a release indicating eligibility and compliance with these Official Contest Rules. In the event that the winner has not yet reached the age of 18 years or the age of majority in the winner’s province or territory of residence, the winner’s parent/legal guardian must sign the release on the winner’s to confirm compliance and consent with these Official Contest Rules and to accept the prize on behalf of the minor, and provide a release and indemnity pursuant to Subsection 5.5 below.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
By participating in this Contest, you agree:
- to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of Brock University, whose decisions are final;
- to the use of your name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage and statements in connection with this Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof;
- to receive e-mail communication from Brock University with information about its programs, campus events and admission updates.
- that if selected as the winner, you give Brock University and its agents the right to publish or broadcast your name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage or statements for editorial, promotional, advertising and publicity purposes, without compensation other than the value of the prize offered;
- to release and indemnify and hold harmless Brock University, its advertising and promotional agencies, the prize suppliers, and all their respective officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, contractors, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with or arising out of this contest, the awarding of the prize, the use of any personal information or the use of merchandise purchased in relation to winning a prize.
Brock University also reserves the right, without prior notice and its sole discretion, and at any time, to terminate the contest, alter the rules in whole or in part, or modify, suspend or extend the contest in any way.
7. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- Brock University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant for any reason, including failure to comply with these rules or with the intended purpose of these rules, or to require proof of eligibility and/or of parenthood/guardianship as applicable, in whatever form Brock University deems appropriate.
- All decisions made by Brock University with respect to this contest are final without any right of appeal.
- No entry will be returned.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- There is a limit of 1 entry per person. Additional entries may be discarded and may cause an entrant to be disqualified, at Brock University’s sole discretion.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Contest Rules does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. This contest and these Official Contest Rules are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
8. PRIVACY NOTICE
Brock University protects your privacy and your personal information. The personal information requested is collected under the authority of the Brock University Act, 1964, and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
The information provided will be used by the University to continue the conversation with you about being a Brock student. Please direct any questions about this collection to the Director, Recruitment and Retention at Brock University at 905 688 5550 x3564 or see brocku.ca/registrar/contact-us
How would you like to register?
If you visited Brock at the Ontario Universities' Fair, visited Brock for an on-campus event, or met a Brock representative at a school visit, you probably received an Experience. Brock Card. or email with a unique, 7 digit number on it.
You can use your Experience. Brock Card. number to quickly register for our on-campus events. If you don't have one yet, don't worry — we'll generate you a number after registering for Open House